Slam the book!

End of grade 10,12,UG,PG...mmm farewell party reminds you of something??...all folks out here have one exercise which is to be done to make fellow folks happy.That's filling the enteries In the Sham err Slam Book.With my UG coming to an end in sometime this exercise is to be done by me aswell.Wheww!Iam not against this coz may be even i have to get one for myself too.
Whenever i fill in enteries in my friend's slam books,which I do due to great perseverance on their part,I really break my head over questions that i can never find answers to.I know the whole thing is basically supposed to be a fun exercise,but I always end up mulling over the questions and trying desperately to put my pen on paper wondering why this torture is inflicted upon close and loved ones.I attimes goof up things trying to be "creative" or rather landing up filling weird answers. huh?.With great difficulty i chuck out of my mind with beautiful and intelligent answers like "keep your nose out","cut your smile","mind your business"{right under their nose verbally!!:P} and many more of the kind for the fear of sounding rude and stop myself from filling in blanks that ask for address with "home" so as not to sound cliched and silly!giving a "tongue-in-cheek" reply.

No end to it
And don't ask me what unholy thoughts pass through my mind when
i am asked to fill in favourite food/dress/drink/actor/actress/shoes/plant/tree/
fruit/vegetables/perfumes/restuarant/date details and what have you...! Brain scratching for me :D
At once a flash of kindergarten learning comes to mind recollecting of
vegetables and fruits :P
Talk about favouritism!the end is listlenessness.Oops!I mean the list is endless!Get my point?Hey don't think iam being snobbish.Look at it realistically,aren't slam books actually meant for keeping track of friends,getting to know how they feel about you and in what aspects do they like to see you as an improved person?
Don't you think it will be more fun to have your friend writing about you and qualities which they like/dislike in you,which they admire or detest?Not only will you enjoy reading it,your friends will also find it great fun! At the end of it all,you'll know what you will have to do to make yourself a a better person and a great friend.After all,friendship standness for frankness,fun and frolic.Doesn't it?If iam asked the question whether i would get one for myself,:-/..pssst may be i will be knowing their "whereabouts"/contact or E-mail ID's.Otherwise nothing else.Personally I would ask them to tell me the quality which they admire or abhor in me.
After a hiatus abck to Blogging!.This post just struck me with farewell party gonna be hosted by our juniors in a month or two.Shall try coming up with a good idea once iam bombarded with filling in many slam books.Oops iam not a celebrity you see ;)
Slam that book!It's a sham.
P.S.:The weirdest stuff i ever posted.Sounds wacky.Tried my hand at a non-serious stuff for the first time an urge for an inclination towards wit and comedy,turned out to be very bad rather than hilarious.Hope the Emoticons doesnt irk anyone :). Please do comment...hahah waiting!!!!!

Comments

Dainty Damsel said…
hehehe priya.i need a journal for things i loathe in u.what say;).thanks for fotting and pioneering in commenting in this childish blog:D
Labakku Das said…
Good non serious stuff.. hmm nice idea abt slam books.. however i have never had one.. donno why!and konjam emoticons jaasti nnu i felt .. but still no sweat.. keep posting
Anonymous said…
hmmmmmmm...
Decent wid loads of scope to improve...
Good Job..:)
hey hi vaishnavi.....good one.....not that bad for a person whoz writing a post for the 1st time...anyways this is my blog I write non-serious stuff....
www.idontthinkihaveabrain.blogspot.com

check it out....i asur eyou that it wont be boring yaar...

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

Karthik's, Srinivas',Swathis's,Manjunath' s and Subramanian's

The Intangible & Amazing friendship