Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

Attended my first cousin Swathi's wedding. Managed to get pictures from my sister only now.
The first word that strikes me when I envisage a Tam Bram wedding is a "Marathon". A three day fun and frolic filled event for all of us involving a lot of leg pulling activity courtesy scores of cousins, sumptuous lunch for us, the non-stop rituals, changing sarees often, those heavy jewellery, managing the nine yard saree and repeating those hymns.No wonder one gets to learn to be patient by then.Indeed attending other's wedding is really enthralling.

Right from Janvasam to Reception to Unjal to Kalyanam ,Valayadal to Kattusadham(bidding adieu to hordes of folks accompanied by gargantuan lunch) ..the endless list proceeded by a tear jerker moment for the bride's side. I could empathize with my Aunt and Uncle.Finally we all folks landed up getting exhausted making umpteen rounds here and there volunteering, managing my niece nephew and not-so li'l sis..

I took a break from my Academics to attend this wedding. Well some of the well wishers were interested in finding prospective groom for me :D, involving in some match making process (grr) and reading out their CV's to me and my parents. I gave a oh-am-not-so-interested look. Me and my sister shared a galvanized look and some mild choking. I gave a downright tongue-in-cheek reply to my parents not to give any commitment about this issue right now,the only botheration for me being getting a good CGPA ,sigh,as they say "Everything in time and there is time for everything"..hehe.

Well those apart I attach some of the pics taken during that occassion.Shocks are expected ;)


This is the Unjal(Swing) cermony.The bride and groom are given milk and bananas (That's me pondering ,next to bride in pink dress :D )



Some random pose :D


My niece Apoorva and Prathithi

Nephew Pranav and Sairam


We all first cousins together after eons with Arun bhai,me on the extreme right,managed to fit the entire platoon :D



At the reception,again at extreme right


Swathi flanked by Mami,Mama,Dad and Me(extreme right again)


Me and Aarthi



The ultimate moment.Bride on her Father's lap during the nuptial cermony at the auspicious hour

I wish you both a great and happy life ahead Swathi and Sriram.
All the best for your life and career.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How true!
Cousins marriages are major fun. Hopping here and there. One gets the feeling of being too busy, even while doing trivial errands!

Marriages - jadagam exchanges are utopian :D
M Taher said…
Hi
This is great fun time. Good job.
Labakku Das said…
Surely our marriages are great. It was a week long affair earlier, curtailed now.But Northies still have week long fun with sangeet, mehendi etc. I felt they had more fun , without many customs and traditions like that of ours. Of course ours is no less.Why do you choose extreme right always?? Are you a right-wing activist like BJP,VHP etc :P
Unknown said…
Weddings are always fun, except for the bride and the groom! LOL!

Btw, vaishnavi thanx for the comment on my blog, sorry for replying so late!

Regards,
Pradeep

Popular posts from this blog

Karthik's, Srinivas',Swathis's,Manjunath' s and Subramanian's

The Intangible & Amazing friendship