Birthday Blues!!!


Apropos to the day,I often wondered what is such a big deal about "Birthdays" except for the fact that the person is born on this day.There is no reason to go gaga and it's all about the hype,totally being pampered by everyone thereby creating fissures in my ever resilient mind,may be.With a Oh-It's not so great day for me attitude that remains etched in memory and apparently the celebrant has no reasons to celebrate,except perhaps his or her survival.

Well,to be very precise I would Thank my Mom for all the Marathon toil
she put this day 20 years ago,enduring great pain,My dad and sister for all their affection and good culture they have inculcated in me.Yet,Iam still unaware of a society
which gives gifts to Mother,a congratulatory reminder of her accomplishments.
Instead the offspring has all fun.Birthday presents are reminders of how palpably unfair life is:The person who puts in the least effort reaps the greatest rewards(well stated by Shashi Tharoor).

Yes,it is a remainder of the fact that I have reached another milstone in my life,I no more carry the age that i was carrying last year,with the bitter truth of not accomplishing anything still at all.May be!!year by year time passes by yet the resolutions and determinations taken by me become a mere "Political Oath" mitigating and coming to a standstill in the very first few seconds.Very honestly personally I havent achieved anything in my life and just hoping accomplishments are imminent.I cannot be plausibly defined as a great person perhaps(An adjective that has dogged me all my life). I have had one wish,To be a good person in life and one dream,that everyone should be happy.Still culminating towards it,ofcourse trying to take up the gauntlet.Iam not nagging anything either.

I still vividly remember as a child how I eagerly waited for D-day, to go primp and preen and trying decent enough to look nice trying to catch everyone's attention ;),going to temple,those prostrations... memorabilia.Gone are those days anyhow unshering greater responsibilities and realizations in me.

"Its a special day for us because you are a special friend of us veers some close buddies of mine and its no exaggeration",with a smug.
I would have to confess here that my friends,siblings and cousins(parents internally ensured) have made a big difference for me in all walks of my life giving me emotional and moral support when iam down and showed me the path towards greater success.Mentioning a few names would be a mere understatement here(Love you all pals :) ),as everyone have left a huge impact on me at different phases.This year has been great for me for many reasons though :)

What ever the reasons may be it still remains a special day for everyone in their life,laden with myriad gifts,umpteen wishes and loads of care and affection and crooning bells ready to be put to pasture.Let some bitter Bygones be Bygones.I don't know how fair/unfair it is to scribe this post but yes,i agree people have different predicaments.This is just an embellishment of my feelings and nothing to being cynical about.

Before i forget Thanku all for your warm wishes and wish you an unrecognisable,fun-filled and colorful Holi.

"A Rose given in Life is better than orchids in grave"

P.S:Bday was on 15th.I posted much earlier ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very heartfelt post Vaishu kutty... wish u all the very best for ur future
Anonymous said…
Very heartfelt post Vaishu kutty... wish u all the very best for ur future
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Measure your life as much as you can measure your happiness. Many more happy returns of the day.

Everyone is near, cheer up dear!

oh, Happy holi! :) ;)
MaySan said…
Many Many Happy Returns of the Day! Have a blast today. I am sure life is changing...all the best to you to achieve your goals!

Happy Holi.
many many happy returns of d day....
Dainty Damsel said…
Thanku all for ur wishes
@Viji Deedhi:Do keep in touch ma:)
@Priya,Mayu,Sandeep and karthik:Thanku all for your lovely and wholehearted wishes.>:D<
God Bless you!!
All u ppl make me feel elated!!!
Anonymous said…
very natural feelings wrapped into deep english.. oof i refered dictionary for some words.. sorry i am not that good at english LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

The Intangible & Amazing friendship

Life @ IIIT-B