Damsel's Dream


The azure sky glimmered in the first streaks of dawn.I trudged into the forest humming a mild tune.The Sun splashed its first rays on the ground.
At the fork I took left;"This path is less taken I thought",with the dense overgrowth covering the entire path.There was sepulchral silence.Basking in the lap of nature I was cock-a-hoop about its glory.I headed further.A Magpie chattered somewhere,a blue Jay snazzingly cooed in its rustic mood ;the hot Sun was bearing upon me.Then I heard a soft gurgling sound making me stop at my tracks,curiosity gripping in I turned towards the sound.A small waterfall emerged out of the blue in my view.The sight made me awestruck for moments.I felt as though i would rock in a swing and sleep blissfully amidst nature's marvel.Following it a cold breeze blew which ruffled and caressed my hair.The scene resembled as if it’s been scooped out of a movie.My eyes swept across the ground and from a distant view a small lake emerged into my view..After walking a few yards a wild thought struck me.Gingerly lowereing my feet in the pristine water I began waving my legs and splashing water.The water was wonderful to feel and hear.Round pebbles finely settled in various hues and sizes gave a different ambience and I then waded to the deepest part where water reached neck deep.Here there were tiny fishes too.Standing still they started nibbling my toes and had a ticking sensation.I splashed and played,then I lay on rock with my feet ankle deep in water.A vivacious butterfly lapped on my shoulder fluttering its wings beautifilly,there I lay not to disturb it.After sometime it whirred away quietly.Indeed it is a memorabilia I thought.

Suddenly the door screaked,the curtains unfurled ,eyes drooped slashing and people hollered at the top of their voice.Plod came the knock.My reverie was broken in whiskers..I squirmed yawning whew!just a dream.Again the normal routine I snickered mustering all my strength and thought “I began my day with a nice dream”.The whiff of timelessness wafts ever. This was my dream-o-cruise.Atleast I was away from the hustle-bustle for a while.
Happy cruising!!
"These moments change my solitude to bliss"

Comments

Unknown said…
Imagination was at its best.. terrific explanation and it was like the pictures runnin in front of me.. good one.. will try to capture these in vdo....
Anonymous said…
ha ha..to dream is one thing and rhen to put it in serene words another...

nice one pal.
Dainty Damsel said…
@ Kesavan:Capture in a video and send me,btw what abt ur Directorial debut:D spilled tghe beans already.Sollaveillai?;)

@Shashi: thanks dear for ur valuable suggestions,Guru ;)

@Priya:many thanks.Sure when i construct a house in a forest ;)
passer by said…
i never made/make suggestions on creativity..

its beauty is exclusive..
Unknown said…
Am collectin the right pictures for the words.. once done will make it a moving vdo and send it.. directorial debut... well if anyone is ready to bet on me :)
Serendipity said…
What more can I add. Right words at right places to describe a dream untold:)

And a fine ending esp the last sentence:)
MaySan said…
Hey dear...nice description! And surely a nice way to start the day! How are you doing?-->Mayura
Dainty Damsel said…
@ Mayura:I know ur blogger nick ;)
doing fine here :)

@harini:Dreams are dime a dozen it's the execution that counts.
thank's.The last sentence has been ripped off from somewhere(guess ;) )

@kesavan:betting on you means doldrums.Hahaha.well..let me know the story first

@Shashiji:Yes,u din't make any suggestion.I by mistake scribbled it.Too busy sir?tried to contact you :(.engalku unga darshanam kudu ;)
dream.....
thts d only thing i do!!!
nice wrds jolted together!!!
Sridhar said…
Awesome blog! Though, my level of understanding and appreciation of fantasy is quite low, and that explains why I didnt read the whole thing.

Happy Blogging!
Naren said…
Nice One

"These moments change my solitude to bliss"
To me solitude is itself bliss! :)
Raju said…
Nice dream vaishnavi ...beautiful words u used 2 express it ...iam very much poor in english can u plz suggest me any good institute 2 develop my english at ur standards...
Labakku Das said…
absolutely fabulous.. imgaination rocks.. surely one has to have mastery over language to write one like this.. too good

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

Karthik's, Srinivas',Swathis's,Manjunath' s and Subramanian's

The Intangible & Amazing friendship