Life @ IIIT-B



Finally here am after loitering in my new college campus after weeks of dillydalling taking off time to post about it.

The first days of my stay in B'lore was scary.I lost my bag and stuff.That makes another story altogether.Brings me to shudders.Visited Iskcon temple was awesome.Gave me immense solace when I visited. Talking about the college now:
Though the college campus is small,situated in Electronics city,Hosur road the verdant lawns,maintanence and infrastructure deserve a big mention.Cool breeze wafting around, the first time I drenched in the rain here,those sprawling lawns,the dew settled in the plants and grass are worth a talk.Thankfully I don't wake up from delirium by the sound of screeching brakes now.
The weather is quite chill when compared with Hyd.Eveything is fine except for the cost of living which is exorbitant to say the least.
Seniors here are very affable and hospitable and the very thought that we have to take up a project in first sem makes me cold.

Prof.Prasanna Sir's and Sadagoppan(the founder of college) Sir's talks are highly motivating,hilarious and inspirational.Makes me ponder over many aspects.
Our classroom is supposedly a mere 140 seats seminar hall with a camera always vigilant.Seating arrangements are according to roll number wise.How I wish I could sit anywhere I like with people Iam comfortable with.Alas,I shall lose my attendence that way.Thanks to my name I sit in the last row directly facing the Prof's.Even dozzing off or reading a book is difficult as iam under the trepidiation thinking when the camera will catch me red handed.This reminds me of the character Gogol in The Namesake where he intends to change his name for different reason altogether though.

Looking forward for elections in e-cell,SAC,Birthday party committee,Food committee and other paraphernalia.I have no enthu to campaign assuch.Hope I stand in magazine section..no idea as of now.

Thanks to the delay in getting our laptop's we'r procrastinating in our assignments and have a nice reason to give to Prof's since am suffering from memory decay as its been eons since I studied.Hey,we are going to receive it very soon,so have to buckle up having errands to run.Mess food is palatable but it irkes me to stand in long lines for eons and then have lunch/supper experiencing hunger pangs quite often.Post supper walks are confined to making rounds around the college building supposedly 10 min per round getting exhausted in 2nd round itself :P. Being bilingual I have become interpreter for some friends here to translate from hindi to telugu/tamil for communicating with security men etc.Caught up with some kannada phrases too.solpa solpa

Not being used to hostel life in the first 2 weeks itself I decided to go home to see mom and dad.Thanks to Independence day and Janmaasthami which occur consecutively.Looking forward to sunday and to taste some home food.
Happy Blogging.
Enjoy maadi.
P.S.:Want to deface this blog?
click this
Screenshot

Comments

Unknown said…
good... welcome home and enjoy ur stay..IIIT-B has come alive with ur description :)
Raju said…
iiit-b great vaishnavi...have a nice time friend...
Srividya said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Srividya said…
@ IIITB- cool! in Bangalore all u have to do is 'solpa adjust maadi' :)
have a grt tym in hyd ....
what cams in class room and have 2 sit according 2 roll nos....
this sucks big tym!!!!!
u wont b havin fun with this kinda arrangements.....
neways haffun!!!!
Serendipity said…
The IITs are very famous for the number of projects that students undertake :d ensoi. more learnings for u:) hav fun:)

Hope u get ur laptop soon n get real busy:D
Labakku Das said…
enna school maadri irukku :)) roll nos etc.Be a rebel yaar.. defy all rules :P
Nice post.
Dainty Damsel said…
hey kesavan thanks for the welcome:)

ganga my pleasure to see you again after eons.reminds me of the days we ruled blogosphere.catch u soon.
Thanks for dropping by srividya and Raj.Do keep visiting.
Sandeep ur correct ;).@Rajeev aama oru posh school types daan.decently masked.
Shyamala said…
iskon temple is really good place in blore... check out the books there..

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

The Intangible & Amazing friendship

Karthik's, Srinivas',Swathis's,Manjunath' s and Subramanian's