The joy of seeing a photo album



Every time I go home the first thing that catches my attention is our family photo frame perched above the T.V stand. The feeling of holding it brings me the memory of all the things that happened when that picture was taken. I touch it gently and think of how different or similar people in the family pic look and can’t help smiling. Quiet a few pictures neatly arranged in an album carefully preserved in a suitcase; every photo counts. I remember telling my dad to ask the photographer to take another snap when the print came out for my 10th standard application, that it looks like a mug shot and I am not going for it especially for my board exams but no retakes! Every time I skim through the album I spot something new and the joy it brings cannot be expressed. Trying to give the best smile, wearing the best dress, awaiting the photo print is all I can think of.


Now that I own a digital camera I click a picture for no reason. I sometimes overdo it, dump it somewhere in the computer or forget to take back up. The footprint occupied is so huge that I sometimes try to delete it or hardly bother to organize it. Few I share it online, few I would have lost when my machine conked off and few I forget where I have copied it to.

Comments

Nice read. Photos bring so much happiness. I am glad you have a camera to store the memories.
KrystalKlear said…
There's nothing like flipping through old family albums and running your fingers through fading fotos. Digital photos are forgotten the moment the holiday ends, and we tend to be choosy about what we do keep. But our childhood snaps on photographic paper are retained and cherished whether we look too fat or too thin or too bucktoothed! It doesn't matter..they are beautiful memories..of what we can't go back to!

Good muse Vishy! I am going to take printouts of my fotos!
good to see you blogging after a LONG time! maybe i could get a photo printer :-D
KParthasarathi said…
Everytime I look at the pictures in an album,I unconsciously look for the snaps where I appear.I think it a common weakess to derive happiness seeing our own faces in print.They also bring nostalgic memories as Vaishnavi has pointed out.A good post relating to every reader.Keep posting frequently.
Anonymous said…
* tech has made things so easy.
* people never value things that are easy to get.
* analog beats digital hands down.
* old is gold!
Seema said…
nice read! Memories become green when you see those album. This post made me see an old album and share the joy. Thanks!
Dainty Damsel said…
@RajiMom: Thanks you for the lovely comments
@KrystalKlear:Nicely written. That can be made into a post :)
@karthik: Thanks. Get me a printer
:-D
@Grandpa: Thank you. Yes even I see where I am in the picture and think I should have posed better.
@Avi: Yes, old is gold for sure
@Seema: welcome back! Glad you were able to grab an old album.

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

Karthik's, Srinivas',Swathis's,Manjunath' s and Subramanian's

The Intangible & Amazing friendship