Jindal Naturecure review

Thanks to Arvind Kejriwal whose visit to Jindal for cure of perennial cough did a word of mouth promotion of Jindal Nature cure thus increasing my waiting period to a whopping 6 months!
I visited the centre for treatment of Cervical Spondylitis for a fortnight.
Of course I got an additional free 'obesity' diagnosis. The centre was a 'mini Delhi' of sorts with so many from the capital visiting for various ailments.

Now coming to my stay and treatment..
As nature cure is all about drug free treatment I am amazed at the variety and choices offered here and the way things are planned down to a tee. The staff and dieticians are well trained and help you with the day to day grind.
The treatment comprises series of Ayurvedic massages/basti/packs, diet, physiotherapy, acupuncture, exercises, walking and yoga. Everyday revolves around awesome organic food, healthy juices, herbal teas, supervised fasting, periodic doctor consultation and occasional cultural programs. Attending Yoga sessions is a must as attendance is tracked and would come handy when applying for extension/ further visits.

Good stuff:
  • My doctor Dr.Jayalakshmi was very patient and spent sufficient time clarifying doubts and I learnt a lot from her in particular about how not to eat.
  • Fasting is an Universal remedy and I now appreciate the value of it.
  • Loved the laughter session which had good role plays, rhythmic Yoga sessions, meditation and pranayama.
  • Amazing time sense and most activities happens on dot.
  • Aerobics, disease specific yoga sessions, eye care classes were super good.
  • I made great friends and we got connected like a house on fire.
  • If coming from Bangalore, metro from Malleswaram till Jindal is an economical and convenient option. Auto from station to the centre costs ~30 rupees.
  • Physiotherapy is really good, inexpensive and the therapists guide you by teaching exercises to strengthen neck, shoulder and back muscles. I was glad they told me to be off traction, IFT as depending on equipments too much is very bad for our pocket. They taught me some free hand and teraband exercises.
  • Health museum is very informative and the format is well presented.
  • Laundry is affordable, parlour is decent I heard, stores have good options and they have convenient sachets that even free ward patients can afford.
  • There are witty one line captions placed as placards which convey message of nature cure. I particularly like this ' Chew your food like your stomach has no teeth', 'Fruits cleanse your body, vegetables build it'
  • There is access to restrooms every 500 meters so drink water as much as you can, as often as you can ;) 
  • Minimal use of plastic. Make sure you carry a thermos flask, bottle to avoid drinking green tea/hot water in wax coated paper cups.

The bad:
  • Many people coming for 'just weight loss' makes genuine ones with acute ailments wait.
  • The whole discussion revolves around 'how many days and how much of weight loss'. There is more to life than just this and sometimes it irks me.
  • Some people are nosy at times with personal questions like 'Are you married? Do you have children?' When I mention no kids yet, quick comes another one - how many years into marriage, how old are you? I am very uncomfortable with people advising me too much on pro's of having children early in the marriage. Life is not all about making out day in and day out. Not that it is untrue but I feel its better these things are not rekindled and going through a phase where I am have been bombarded with these queries from my folks, the last thing I wanted was for random strangers to induce stress by reiterating the same.
  • I lost 5 precious days thanks to my menstrual cycle overlapping my stay and I had to frequently request for extension which they would let you know only 3 days prior to your scheduled check out. There is uncertainty till the last minute and causing some confusion about my rejoining at workplace. My request for 1 week extension was sliced into 3 and 1 day respectively. Decided to not get further extension as I started missing my family.
  • During first visit it takes time to orient ourselves in campus and I took 2 days to figure out things by myself. Talking to someone who has already visited helps to a great extent.
  • I used to miss afternoon juice due to sessions overlap and there is no information that you can take it from diet centre. Juices matter so much when you are fasting, you see.
  • Some massages were just okay but I did not want to give feedback to the coordinator as I am sure the masseuse got tired of doing the same thing over a period of time.
  • Usage of paper cups could be avoided/minimized if they ask people to bring their own insulated mugs
  • Carry hair dryer. Very much needed thanks to constant hair oiling.

Overall I enjoyed my visit and would love to take my husband there. If not for the long waiting time things could be much easier. Carry unique bag so that your bag can be spotted easily. Carrying a small backpack helps dump towels and other paraphernalia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

The Intangible & Amazing friendship

Life @ IIIT-B