Not Fair yet Lovely

I mulled over certain things at this odd hour of the day(2:30 AM). Call it an eerie feeling of Déjà Vu or conglomeration of wacky thoughts ,some issues keep bowling over me.

For instance,when I see lights switched on in rooms even when there is no one or lights on in washrooms even after being used and not giving a hoot to screw the faucets properly I get irked. Well,I am a conservationist per se agreed but definitely not a person to give up things easily.I loathed leaky faucets,over flowing buckets,those pitter patter of drops on the floor and water/electricity getting wasted. At times when I wake up at 9 AM I see the corridor lights unattended in the hostel,I make a point to switch it off every time and tell the security to do the task early from next time but all to deaf ears. I don’t mind doing each day but why when wait for such a long time. The feeling goes like ,”this is not my house so why should I bother”. Are we not contributing to the electricity bill this way or adding woes to water scarcity? As goes the adage “Charity begins at home” these things should also be instilled in everyone’s mind.I got frustrated today because every time I keep reminding the house keeping/security staff the afore mentioned issues,I in return get a weird/staring look as to “why is this girl bothered so much”,eh?

Another amusing thing that strikes me now is a conversation that my neighbour had with my mom.I want my would be daughter-in-law to be fair,slim(like a stick?)….(and all other angel like qualities)”.Come on,I at times find the whole issue of “being fair implying being lovely” rather quixotic. It is not always the case that if you are fair means you are beautiful.I find dusky people more charming,beautiful and energetic.Does skin color make such a big difference?If every MIL demands for a “Oh-very-fair-hence-very-beautiful” DIL,cosmetics industry should come up with an instant face pack rather a paint which can give desired results in a jiffy.The whole point Iam trying to drive is “Can’t natural beauty be accepted?”.Just in case every matrimonial column tags wanted fair brides others will have to take a backseat or get sidelined(waiting for mera number kab aayega type thing).Why get carried away by Ad’s when most of the times it just burns a hole in out pocket or give 1-10% of expected results only?We are the way we are and should be accepted that way,is it the internal beauty that matters.

Who will bell the cat anyways?

Just felt like pouring my heart out in this post after all it is my ramblings.

Comments

Serendipity said…
The guys may also be forrced to have a long long wait- if MILs demand only fain DILs coz of 1. disturbing sex ratio and 2. unreasonable and illogical demands in a country thatz close to the tropics.
Sathish said…
Is not frustration a choice? If others don't to do, what we believe is good, then why not continue doing it happily, w/o getting frustrated?

On, fair skin, more than agree with Lakshmi... The demand supply scenorio will make the change of mind happen. Infact it can even end the caste based discrepancy...

On Electricity and water, What you are doing is Great... Do continue that... with a smile.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Tam Bram hymeneals

Karthik's, Srinivas',Swathis's,Manjunath' s and Subramanian's

The Intangible & Amazing friendship